This page outlines my skills as an educational consultant, author and editor/proofreader. I am available for hire at a negotiable rate depending on the work required, and whether the work might lead to mutually beneficial research output.
In General: I mainly do research at the intersection of Education, Philosophy and Cognitive Science, but I am very adaptable and can work in range of technical and scientific fields if required. I have had extensive experience as a professional editor and have been an Editor and Special Edition Editor for a number of A-ranked academic and professional journals. I also work as a learning advisor for HDRs, mostly doctoral students, and have offered consulting services to academics and professionals in many different disciplines. In addition to holding double doctorates in Philosophy (Flinders, Adelaide), I hold a Certificate IV in Electronic Publishing, ESL qualifications from the University of Cambridge, and a Certificate of Proficiency from the Industrial Trade Commission of Victoria. For further details on qualifications and for a downloadable resume please click here.
I offer services that include:
My research and writing skills are demonstrated by my publication record with international publishers and A-ranked journals. Services include:
- Educational research and analytic-style report writing
- Business report writing
- Non-statistical, qualitative and theoretical analysis of any academic topic
- Philosophical analysis of any academic topic
- Conceptual analysis and argumentation analysis on any topic
I have worked as a senior learning advisor for HDRs and academics for almost three decades. Services include:
- Editing work to doctoral level and higher (post-doctoral, professional academic work)
- Editing or corporate writing, technical reports, annual reports for businesses
- Proofreading of doctoral dissertations, and academic papers prior to submission to journals for publication
- Indexing and formatting of book manuscripts or academic papers.
I have published six books with international publishers and around 70 scholarly publications, many peer-reviewed. Services include:
- Consultancy services for writers intending to publish a book, monograph, technical report or edited collection, and/or submitting a book proposal to a major international publisher.
- Advice on approaching publishers, which ones to approach, and advice on the academic status of publishers.
- Advice on writing and submitting papers for publication to A-ranked and lower-ranked academic and professional journals. Liaison with editors.
I have received over $1m in competitive grant funding either individually or in research teams. Services include:
- Consultancy work for academics seeking to apply for competitive funding: i.e., ARC, NHMRC, OLT or any other grant within the public domain.
- Grant application reviewing service with quick turnaround
- Consultancy on applying for government and non-government grants in a range of fields.
- Advice on securing academics as research partners in grant applications.
If you would like to get in touch with me, please contact me directly at wmdavies[at]unimelb.edu.au. Please provide precise details about the work required and the approximate budget and timelines. If I am available and interested in the work I shall get back to you promptly.
For more details of my experience: See Publications and Grants. My Citations, Academia.edu. LInkedin, and ResearchGates pages can be found below. A comprehensive CV can be found here. If you have any questions please email me.